Postcard from Poprad, last four bits

14 August is here again and so we remember offshore radio

Yes it's that time of the year again and I couldn't resist my annual look back in time. I'm sure this years show will raise an eyebrow or two and probably create a few, less than positive, shouts.
The UK Offshore radio hey-days were a great inspiration to me and hopefully RTI goes some way to continue the spirit of those stations. However, in 2008 with young DJs and a mix of quality gold music and the best of the new music. I make no appologies for the fact that when I listened to the offshore stations they were an excellent combination of new and old - so 41 years on it makes sense to follow a tried and tested principle.
But for an hour, we'll go back to the music that radio made me go OH WOW! in those days 41 years back. I hope you enjoy the tracks I've chosen AND respect that for the spirit of those stations to continue - the future is digital.
You can hear my tribute show on the international service of RTI directly after Larry London - see www.rti.fm for times.
Regards, Eric

Here is the playlist for the hour.

We Love The Pirate Stations – Roaring Forties
Whiter Shade Of Pale – Procul Harum
San Franciso – Scott McKenzie
Glad All Over – Dave Clark Five
The Last Time – Rolling Stones
Do Wah Diddy Diddy – Manfred Mann
Have I The Right – Honeycombs
With A Girl Like You – Troggs
Excerpt From A Teenage Opera – Keith West
It’s Not Unusual – Tom Jones
Goodbye Caroline – One Shots
See Emily Play – Pink Floyd
Sukiyaki – Kyu Sakamoto
Pretty Woman – Roy Orbison
Kites – Simon Dupree
Keep On Running – Spencer Davies
Paint It Black – Rolling Stones
A Day In The Life - Beatles

AquaCity Carbon Neutral Rally

I think pictures say more than words in this case. So enjoy the videos from the AquaCity Carbon Neutral Rally 2007

RTI NEWS