Postcard from Poprad, last four bits

MY FAVE CLOTHES ARE JEANS

I do own a suit, but it's a thing of, erm, er, little value to me. Sure I will respect meeting both the then SK and soon to be then UK PM and I put on a suit. But a suit is nothing more than a uniform, well to me.
Many years ago I played with what were then called 'Penny Shares'. It meant that small investors could invest in companies and experiment with stocks and shares.
I did this and one day decided to call in at a company that I had shares in. Because I was wearing jeans the receptionist assumed I was delivering something - HOW WRONG CAN YOU BE!
After a very interesting exchange of words, which brought laughter from me, I requested a meeting, only if he had time, with the MD. The receptionist again refused to get off her high horse, but there was a twist about to hit her.
The company had been funded mainly by penny-shares and as such the M.D. was really keen to speak with as many of those funding the company as possible.
Whilst all the exchanges were going with Mrs Grumpy Knickers, the Managing Director had been listening. He said nothing and kept away from the sight of the receptionist. He only appeared when I started to leave. He then went on to tumbly apologise for the poor receptionist and we chatted for a while. To be honest I wasn't that worried.
I used the same technique as the M.D. when I left the building and stayed within ear shot. I've heard an angry M.D. many times, but this was no ordinary angry M.D. He was obsessed. I only visited the company once more before our group moved our shares on and guess who had been replaced?
So the moral of the story is simple - don't assume anything because the person you are speaking to has jeans on.


But now just to prove the point that I can clean up nicely for the right occassion, here's a picture of me wearing a suit, well trying, at the Golden Shoe finals.

AquaCity Carbon Neutral Rally

I think pictures say more than words in this case. So enjoy the videos from the AquaCity Carbon Neutral Rally 2007

RTI NEWS