Postcard from Poprad, last four bits

That's it then - RTI has gone

Now there has been some confusion in Slovakia about RTI, so maybe I'll clear up issues here.
RTI, or to give it its full name Radio Tatras International, is owned and operated by a limited (Ltd) company in the UK. That Ltd granted a license to RadioTatry.sro (that's a Slovak limited company) to use the name, trademark, jingles, music etc etc.
As is the case with both the UK Ltd company and the Slovak sro there are often people who wish to buy aspects of a station that has closed or is closing.
At this moment, the Slovak version of RTI is in negotiations with people. Therefore, it continues to broadcast to comply with regulatory needs. When that opportunity came up the Ltd granted a temporary usage license to the sro to continue using the name whilst negotiations take place.
So that's where it is now. Equally, people are keen to buy other pieces of the Ltd company assets - if they do then that is there decision and if they do I'm sure they'll share.
So the truth is there have always been two companies working under the name owned by the UK Ltd.
So what next? Now if I had a crystal ball I could answer that.
I am sure the Directors of RTI Ltd will decide on an appropriate action as and when action is needed.

So moving on - many of the DJs are planning podcasts and that got me thinking, I might join in purely as a presenter on an English based service. I can do that :-)
If we all share a portal we could do rather well, I think.
I could call my show Postcard from Poprad
Now there's a thought. The actual broadcast would originate in the UK so be governed by UK broadcast rules - hmmmmmmmmmm

I'll think about it. If you like the idea e-mail

AquaCity Carbon Neutral Rally

I think pictures say more than words in this case. So enjoy the videos from the AquaCity Carbon Neutral Rally 2007

RTI NEWS