Postcard from Poprad, last four bits

What a LEMON - iPhone 3.0 downgrade

The bad news is that the hyped download started at all. It would have been better had it not happened at all. Like so many, the useless voice memo app pushed all the other apps onto different pages. Equally, follow-on pages are full of blanks. Which bright spark decided to put the memo pad on page one?
3.0 is more like putting a child in a sweet shop and saying NO! So it has an updated Bluetooth, oh please! What's the point? More to the point what are Apple afraid of by not using defacto standard Bluetooth for mobiles. I guess the good news is the CABLE from the phone does work (please note I said CABLE a piece of wire to make a data transfer connection) which means when I take a photo at least I can grab it with my PC and use my PC to share it via Bluetooth. However, that doesn't generate revenue for Telcos does it - oh some good news is the Skype app still works.
I was really expecting something from 3.0, industry norms from Apple, but what I got was a messed up layout, the stupid assumption that I have Outlook (which should have been buried at birth) and more things that don't work. Oh well, at least AudioBoo ( cool app ) is still fine and can be connected to my PC, via the line in cable I made, to record audio blogs.I really wanted to be excited by 3.0, the only thing that made my blood boil was Apple continuing to think that they know best. Maybe someone should send me an MP3, oh sorry that should be Quicktime NOT, of the Apple brainwashing hymn, and then maybe I’ll start to understand why my partners Nokia can do more than my iPhone and be happy about that.

AquaCity Carbon Neutral Rally

I think pictures say more than words in this case. So enjoy the videos from the AquaCity Carbon Neutral Rally 2007

RTI NEWS